- →Sri kalahasthi
- →Puri Jaganath
- →Sholinghur Narasimhar
- →Udupi Krishnamutt
- →Palani Murugan
- →Tiruthani Murugan
- →Swami malai
- →Kukke Subramanya
- →Kanchi Kamakshi
- →Madurai Meenakshi
- →Kanaka Durga
- →Chennai Kalikambal
Sri Vaidyanatha Swami Temple
- Vaitheeswaran Temple is located near Sirkazhi, and is about 24 km from Chidambaram, 50 km from Kumbakonam, and 4 km from Mayiladuthurai on the Chidambaram Road.
- The main deity of Vaitheeswaran Kovil is Lord Shiva as Vaidyanathaswamy and Goddess Parvathi Devi as Thaiyalnaayaki.
- Significant feature in the temple construction is that the western tower allows the rays of the Sun to fall on the Shivalingam (Shiva Linga) for a few days every year.
- Separate sanctorum for Angaraka is a speciality out here as you cannot find it elsewhere.
|Nadai Thirappu||06:00 AM- 11:00 AM|
|Nadai Thirappu||04:30 PM- 09:30 PM|
During the Ramayana period, Rama, Lakshmana and Saptarishi have worshipped the deity in this place.It is believed that Rama and his brother Lakshmana cremated the vulture king Jatayu who was killed by Ravana when he tried to prevent the abduction of Sita) at this place.
There is a pond at this temple called Jatayu kundam. One of the nine planets, Angaraka (Mars), suffered from leprosy and was cured by Vaidhyanathaswamy and from then on it is treated as one of the Navagraha Temples for planet Angaraka.
Parvati, the consort of Shiva, asked her son, Subramanya to appear with one face from his regular appearance of six faces. When he did so, she was pleased and presented him with vel to slay the demons.
Subramanya overcame the asura Surapadman and in the war, his army was severely injured. Shiva came out as the healer Vaitheeswaran and cured the wounds.
People pray here for remedy from various ailments, boils, pimples and scars. They get the special oil from the temple and apply them on the body. As this is the place where Danvantri Siddha attained Samadhi, people pray here for relief from various ailments.
Nearest Major Town/City
- Kumbakonam - 44 km from Kumbakonam to Vaitheeswaran
How to Reach
- By Train:
Nearest Station: Tanjore/Kumbakonam and from there you can go by bus.
- By Road:
Buses are available from Kumbakonam/Tanjore
From Tanjore: 77 Kms and From Kumbakonam 44Kms.